GnuCash is a powerful financial accounting app designed to help you with all kinds of financial-related tasks. The app can be used to keep track of all your financial activities from your bank accounts, stocks and other income and expenses.
GnuCash supports databases including PostgreSQL, SQLite3 and MySQL (XML engine). Note, the default storage is a gzipped XML file and it is optional to use a SQL database instead. Note, the default storage is a gzipped XML file and it is optional to use a SQL database instead. Also the GnuCash for Mac bundle only supports SQLite3 out of the box. MySQL or Postgresql users must build and install the DBD driver.
Track your bank accounts
You can keep track of your bank accounts, credit cards, earnings, and expenses using GnuCash. The first time you use the programme, a step-by-step wizard walks you through setting it up. It also allows you to add fixed categories to the information to organise it according to how you often spend money.
Almost any currency in the world may be used with GnuCash, and you can even import data in QIF or OFX formats from other financial software. The huge 285 MB that it will take up on your hard drive is the only drawback, if there is one, to this useful app.
GnuCash makes it simple to manage finances in a small business or at home.
Features of GnuCash
- Accounting with two entries.
- support for online banking.
- support for multiple currencies.
- The chequebook registry.
- tools for reporting.
- Portfolios of stocks and mutual funds.
- Management of income and expense accounts.
- HBCI assistance.
- general ledgers for accounting.
- Tracking of customers and vendors.
- Support for QIF and OFX.
- reconciling financial statements.
- Paying bills and invoices.
- GnuCash was developed.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD GnuCash
- Locate and download an .exe file.
- Locate and double-click the .exe file. (It will usually be in your Downloads folder.)
- A dialog box will appear. Follow the instructions to install the software.
- The software will be installed.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 500 MB or more
This Free Accounting Software enables you to handle bank accounts, stocks, income, and expenses while yet being robust and versatile. It is based on professional accounting standards to assure balanced books and accurate reporting, yet is as simple and easy to use as a chequebook register.
Quicken, Microsoft Money, and other programmes that can export QIF or OFX files, as well as import/export accounts and transactions from/to the CSV file format, can be used to upload your current financial data to GnuCash.
Last but not least, the application makes a variety of thorough reports and charts available to you. You can create general reports that include data on transactions, taxes, and accounts, as well as reports on assets and liabilities, income and spending information, and company statistics. You can print the reports and graphs or export them as HTML files.
GnuCash provides a tidy and structured layout for your company’s data, but you should be aware that it consumes CPU and RAM, which could affect your system’s performance.